Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Listicle: Best Movies for the First Half of 2018

MovieJawn, the excellent film site that I write for (as you may have noticed) posts a mid-year list of our Top Five favorite movies of the year thus far. Everybody puts their Top Five in and then the results are tallied.

These were my votes, along with a brief explanation why:




1. Black Panther - Coogler & co told an engaging narrative, crafted an amazing villain, built up a whole new civilization and brought focus to issues without just talking about them.




2. Game Night - Gets a high ranking because it was the most surprising to me; I didn't expect to enjoy it nearly as much as I did.




3. The Ritual - Unique, frightening and gorgeously shot, with my favorite creature design in years, hands down!




4. Annihilation - A truly haunting sci-fi work about confronting change filled with fascinating ideas and carried by a tremendous cast.




5. Won't You Be My Neighbor - A reminder of the lasting impact that goodness can have.

No comments:

Post a Comment