Wednesday, July 22, 2026

The Rat-Horse Demon Burger Mural (Slaughterhouse Rock)

I watched the movie Slaughterhouse Rock (1988) last night, and it's fine. It's really rambling and kind of silly; frequently unintentionally funny, etc. But. It has a lot of fun effects for the kills and whatnot, and has a really zany style.

Early on, the main guy, Alex (Nicholas Celozzi) goes to dinner but can't focus because he's distracted by the horrible visions he's been having, and they do a riff on the effect from A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) when Freddy Krueger pushes through the wall. But that's not the point of this post. This is the point of this post:


That's the wall. I don't know exactly what kind of restaurant this is supposed to be (they get burgers), but I kind of love this weird mural! What IS that thing?

A rat?

A horse?

A rat-horse?

I guess it's some kind of demon, what with the spines down its back and the spade-tipped tail. But I also love the shaggy mullet and the underground comix-esque pants and shoes.

I would absolutely frequent a burger joint with this vibe. Wouldn't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment